Code Mage Ltd: Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions govern the relationship between the parties to a license contract, where the company Code Mage Ltd, established and existing under the law of United Kingdom [hereinafter referred to as the “Code Mage”] is the provider of a license to the software developed by Code Mage and seller of a license to the software developed by a third-party (“Vendor”) to its customers, and the customers pay to the Code Mage a license remuneration.
- The customer may be an entrepreneur or consumer.
- Consumer is a natural person, who purchases the software for other than entrepreneurial purposes.
- Entrepreneur is a natural person or legal entity who holds the respective entrepreneurial license and who purchases the software within his/her entrepreneurial activity.
- Code Mage develops following software: Extensions for Magento and Extension for Shopware (supportable versions).
- By purchasing the software, the customer agrees to the license agreement related to the software. The up to date version of the license agreement is available here.
3. Vendor Software
- Code Mage may and has the right to license Software developed by third-party Vendors to its customers based on a written agreement between Code Mage and the Vendor regulating the licensing terms.
- By purchasing Vendor Software, the customer agrees to the license agreement related to the Software provided by the Vendor. Vendor’s Licence Agreement is available via a direct link on the product page and/or Vendor Website.
- Code Mage guarantees 12-months free updates for Vendor Software purchased at Code Mage website. Further updates are regulated by Vendor Licence Agreement. Latest versions of the purchased Software can be found in the customer’s account. Code Mage reserves the right to exclude any product from the sales at any time. In such a case, Code Mage will cease to develop and offer to its customers any update of such product.
- Code Mage offers to its customers – entrepreneurs 90 days of free support for Vendor software purchased from Code Mage, with an option to extend the period. Support Services provided by Code Mage may include: pre-sale consultations, product functionality consultations, installation and configuration consultations. Further support services are provided by Vendor according to Vendor Support Policy and may include but is not limited to: issue verification on non-customised environments, issue verification on Customer environment, issue resolution and debugging in case such resolution is possible/viable.
- All other terms and conditions stipulated by the present Agreement are equally valid for Code Mage and Vendor Software.
4. Customer Account
- Our customers have the possibility to set up a customer’s account with Code Mage.
- Customer has the possibility to purchase the software through the customer’s account. However, Code Mage offers to the customers also the possibility to set up customer’s account without the need to purchase any software from Code Mage.
- The purpose of the customer’s account is, among other things, to inform the customers of Code Mage on updates of the software in case the customer purchased the software developed by Code Mage.
- In case the customer provides Code Mage with the respective consent on the processing of customer’s personal data, Code Mage will provide the customer through (i) the customer’s account, (ii) email, (iii) notification feed in customer admin areas, or (iv) ads shown in the extensions, also with marketing information on new products of Code Mage or updates of products of Code Mage.
5. Conclusion of the License Agreement
- The customer may place an order to purchase the software through (i) existing customer’s account, or (ii) directly with the Code Mage website using the respective order form, or (iii) through Adobe Marketplace. In case the customer places the order through Adobe Marketplace, Code Mage will automatically create customer’s account for such customer.
- Once the customer’s order is placed with Code Mage and the payment is made by the customer, Code Mage will provide the customer with the respective invoice regarding the payment for the license to the software (such invoice is made available to the customer through customer’s account). The customer may pay the price of the license by using a credit card, by wire through bank transfer or by PayPal.
- After the respective invoice is paid by the customer, the software is delivered to the customer. The delivery of the software may follow without or with installation.
- The delivery of the software without installation is arranged for through a link for download of the software provided to the customer by Code Mage through customer’s account. The customer can download the software through the customer’s account at any time. Once the extension is downloaded, the customer can copy it on customer’s site and customise it according to customer’s needs and preferences.
- The customer can order and pay for the delivery of the software with the installation. The delivery of the software with the installation involves the same procedure as the delivery of the software without the installation. In addition to the delivery of the software without the installation, the customer should create a ticket to Code Mage's support service. In the ticket, the customer should indicate access details to customer’s server to allow the installation of the software by Code Mage.
- The information about the software [products] of Code Mage including the prices is available on the website of Code Mage. In case the customer needs any further information on the products of Code Mage, Code Mage will provide the customer with any such information.
- Code Mage is entitled to deny any services or sell any product to any customer or to cease to provide any services to any customer in case such customer violates in any way any right of Code Mage.
6. Withdrawal from the License Agreement
- Customers with the status of a consumer are entitled to withdraw from the license agreement concluded by electronic means within 14 days after the license agreement has been concluded between the customer and Code Mage.
- The customer - consumer may withdraw from the license agreement by means of (i) a written notice sent to the registered address of Code Mage, or (ii) by an email sent to the Code Mage, or (iii) by Code Mage's support system, or (iv) by chat.
- In case the customer – consumer withdrawals from the license agreement, Code Mage will credit the purchase price of the software to the customer by the same payment means, which were used by the customer in order to pay the price of the software. The customer shall stop using the software and shall uninstall it from customer’s device.
- Code Mage provides its customers with the status of a consumer with a guarantee of bug [defect]-free functioning of the software. The guarantee period is two years and commences on the day of the conclusion of the license agreement between Code Mage and the customer – consumer.
- The customer – consumer may claim a bug [defect] of the software by written notice, email delivered to Code Mage, support system or chat.
- Code Mage does not guarantee bug free functioning of the software and/or support inquiry investigation in case:
- the customer does not use the latest version of Code Mage's extension;
- the customer does not use the latest version of Magento and/or PHP;
- the customer uses the edition of Code Mage's extension that does not correspond to the edition of Magento;
- the customer uses customised Magento;
- the customer has modified/customised Code Mage’s extension.
Furthermore, Code Mage does not guarantee the bug free functioning of its software in combination with third-party products.
8. Support and bug fixing policy for customers - entrepreneurs
- Code Mage offers to its customers – entrepreneurs 90 days of free support for software purchased from Code Mage, with an option to extend the period. The customer can access the free support through email or internal support system made available on the Code Mage website and/or in the customer’s account. Once the 90-day support period is over, it is possible to extend it for 50% of the module price [this includes another 90-day period of support] or acquire a support subscription by means and on conditions offered at Code Mage website. During the 90 days support period, the customers – entrepreneurs are free to report any bugs experienced while using Code Mage's extensions. Code Mage shall try to fix the bugs as soon as possible.
- During the 90 days support period Code Mage does not guarantee bug free functioning of the software to customers – entrepreneurs in cases listed under clause 6.3 and clause 6.4.
- The provision of support services is additionally governed by Support License Agreement available at Code Mage website.
9. Software update policy
- Code Mage offers free lifetime updates for software purchase by its customers. Latest versions of the purchased extensions can be found in the customer’s account. Code Mage reserves the right to exclude any product from the sales at any time. In such a case, Code Mage will cease to develop and offer to its customers any update of such product.
- Module updates are provided only for the Magento version branch, for which the software was purchased [for example, if a customer buys the extension for Magento 1.X.X, updates and support will be provided only for Magento of 1.X.X version branch. Updates for Magento of 2.X.X versions will not be provided for free even if the period of free updates and support will still be pending].
- Magento 2, which was released in the fall of 2015, is a completely different solution in terms of architecture and is incompatible with all extensions developed for Magento of 1.X.X versions, including the ones provided by Code Mage. Due to this fact, extensions for Magento 2 will need to be developed from scratch and are treated as completely new extensions, not as new versions of extensions developed for Magento of 1.X.X versions.
10. Refund Policy
- Code Mage offers to its customers a 60-day money-back guarantee for all the extensions. The customer can require repayment of the price of the extension without stating any reason during 60 days after the license agreement was concluded. To avoid any doubts, fees for installation, conflicts resolution and customisation services are not refundable.
- Regarding the right of customers – consumers to withdraw from the license agreement within the term of 14 days after the license agreement was concluded, the refund policy hereunder shall be understood as extension of such right of customers – consumers. The first 14 days of the refund policy start and run simultaneously with the 14 days during which the customer – consumer is entitled to withdraw from the license agreement.
- The refund policy hereunder applies only in case, the customer purchases the extension through the website www.code-mage.com.
- Within the refund policy, the customer is entitled to require refund (repayment) of monetary funds (money) paid for the software (product) only. For example, the customer is not entitled to require refund (repayment) of any non-monetary means, with which the customer has paid for the software (product) (for example any sort of customer’s credits or points).
- The customer is not entitled to require refund (repayment) of the price of the software (product) in case the customer violates these terms and conditions, license agreement concluded with Code Mage or any other rules which regulate the relationship between Code Mage and the customer.
11. Magento 2
- Code Mage Magento 2 extensions are separate products developed from scratch due to the fundamental changes of logic, architecture and code structure of the new platform. They are not considered to be upgrades of Magento 1 extensions.
- Magento 2 extensions are offered as separate products on Code Mage store and should be bought as individual items. They are not and won’t be compatible with Magento 1 platform, as well as Magento 1 extensions are not compatible with Magento 2 and won’t be upgraded to directly work on Magento 2 due to fundamental changes of logic, architecture and code structure of the new platform.
- Code Mage informs its customers hereby, that Code Mage does not guarantee the development of Magento 2 modules which are fully identical to existing Magento 1 products, however, as always, we’ll do our best in choosing the most useful features for the business of our customers.
12. Final Provisions
- These terms and conditions have been valid and effective since the 1st of March 2021.
- These terms and conditions void the previous terms and conditions.
- Code Mage reserves the right to adopt any changes and amendment hereto. The up-to-date version hereof is available on www.code-mage.com.
- Potential disputes between Code Mage and its customers may be subject to out-of-court settlement. In case of a dispute between Code Mage and a customer – consumer, such customer may contact the competent authorities in United Kingdom.